From the State Capital, Governor Greg Abbott announced Phase 2 of openings around Texas:
- Effective today, businesses located in office buildings can open with the greater of 10 employees or 25% of the workforce.
- Childcare services may open, including boys/girls clubs and YMCA openings.
- Beginning Friday, restaurants may open to 50 percents capacity
- Beginning Friday, bars, wine tasting rooms, craft brewery rooms can open to 25% capacity. Capacity limits do not apply to outdoor patios.
- Other businesses including drive-in concerts, bowling alley, bingo halls, zoos, aquariums, and more can open at 25% capacity. The full list can be found here.
- On May 31, Youth Sports Camps and programs like Little League can open as long as social distancing is followed.
- Professional sports can return on May 31st including pro golf, auto-racing, baseball softball, tennis, and basketball.
- June 1st: Summer school classes can begin with social distancing practices observed.
More information about openings can be found here.
“Let’s be clear, COVID-19 still exists in Texas,” Abbott says. “The goal is to find ways to coexist with COVID-19 as safely as possible.” He emphasized the need to wear masks, wash hands, and for seniors to stay home.
The State of Texas Health and Human Services reports 47,784 COVID-19 cases with over 1300 deaths and 27,750 recoveries.
Categories: Pearland TX