Memorial Hermann Health System, the largest hospital network in Houston, announced today that Hess Corporation will be donating “Stay Well” care packages for 12,000 emergency room and intensive care personnel to recognize their service and provide items that can help reduce the risk of bringing the COVID-19 virus home after work
“Healthcare workers on the frontlines of the fight against COVID-19 place themselves in harm’s way every day,” said Andy Slentz, Senior Vice-President of Human Resources and Office Management. “We hope this package makes them feel appreciated and helps address the concern they have of protecting themselves and their loved ones.”
According to the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), being exposed to COVID-19 at work and taking the infection home to their family is a top area of anxiety for caregivers.
Each “Stay Well” care package includes:
- A sling tote bag to make it easier to carry clean clothing and other essential items to and from work.
- Disposable plastic bags to keep any potentially contaminated clothing or other items contained until they can be cleaned.
- Hand sanitizer in a travel sized bottle for easy access when needed.
- Face coverings that are adjustable and can be washed and reused.
- A heartfelt “thank you” message from a Hess employee family.
“Memorial Hermann is thankful for the generosity of Hess Corporation and for their support of our frontline employees and physicians during this time,” said Erin Asprec, EVP, Chief Operating Officer. “We have received, and continue to receive, support from all corners of the community which lets all of us at Memorial Hermann know that Houston is in this together.”
Distribution of care packages began at Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center on Tuesday, April 21 and will continue at each Memorial Hermann hospital location until every frontline employee receives one.
Categories: Pearland TX