Texas Governor Greg Abbott Friday said that Texas schools will stay closed for the rest of the 2019-2020 school year.
He made his announcement during a press conference where he also discussed re-opening the Texas economy in various stages. He said that opening businesses again would be a gradual process, but said it would not be safe to re-open schools for the rest of the school year.
Some of the announcements made by Governor Abbott include:
- All Texas schools are closed for the remainder of the school year, including public, private and higher education.
- Forming a strike force that will include medical experts along with other vital professionals.
- Restrictions will be loosened so doctors and nurses can treat patients who are in need of non-coronavirus services, such as fighting cancer and other medical conditions,
- All state parks may reopen as soon as Monday, April 20, but there will be conditions on how many people may gather closely at parks. Visitors will need to wear masks, practice social distancing, and may not gather in groups larger than 5.
- All retail locations in Texas can operate ‘retail-to-go’ starting Friday, April 24
Ten days from now, April 27, Abbott will be issuing additional executive orders in reopening the State of Texas.
This is a developing story. and we are adding to more information at the moment.
Categories: Pearland TX